Saturday, July 12, 2008

Deja Blooze at Choochokam





The Deja Boys did themselves proud today at the Choochokam Arts Festival in Langley. We played a tight 45 minute set from our lively catalog of blues to a great crowd of attendees and we had fun too. As I mentioned in a previous post, playing the main stage at Choochokam was my goal a year ago and when Ed Newkirk and I started getting together late in the fall the whole idea seemed like a possibility. And with the addition of Dave Gignac on harp whenever he's available, the show only gets better. Well, the possibility became a reality this afternoon and for me and the boys it was a thrill to be a part of this great community event.

Mail from a Deja fan:
Hi David, caught Deja Blooze yesterday and was impressed - I love acoustic guitars. You guys seemed like you were having lots of fun and you passed that on to the audience. Loved Who do you love as a final number. Greg G. Vancouver, BC.

All photos by Doris Newkirk

No comments: